Senior SDET - Seattle
Relocation Assistance Not Available
Our company, a division of Priceline Group, Inc., is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies in the world and we are focused on changing the meaning of web marketing for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based Digital Marketing System (DMS) is the first of its kind, including content management, website design, mobile/tablet and social digital marketing, online reservations and integrated business intelligence that help the hotelier increase occupancy, reduce cost and convert traffic. This kind of innovation requires special people who love fast-paced, high-growth environments, creativity, challenge, the hard work that leads to smashing success and the personal rewards of being on a winning team that also likes to have fun. Our culture is casual but we operate at a high energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel. We offer exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA and has sales, customer service, marketing and product development teams in Palo Alto CA, Santiago Chile, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are now part of The Priceline Group.
The Senior SDET candidate is experienced, diligent, and passionate, ready to join our product team to help build and verify our innovative and business-changing SaaS-based web and mobile applications. This individual has QA experience with UX/UI and system functionality, writing and executing test automation suites and performing both white-box and black-box testing. The Engineer in Test is creative, a diplomat, and wants to be part of a team that works well and plays together.
- Ensure fluid, bug free releases for rock-solid products.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers and customer success team to isolate and resolve bugs and production issues.
- Write test cases and develop test plans.
- Design, build and support test toosls, frameworks and automation suites using Selenium and other similar tools.
- Perform test execution, including functional (frontend and backend), integration and regression tests.
- Use bug tracking system (we use bugzilla) to report and track bug status.
- Use continuous integration build systems (we use Jenkins) to automate build and testing cycle of software.
- 5+ years of experience testing sotware in an agile environment..
- Strong programming experience developing test automation using one of the following languages: Python, Java or C#.
- Experience in testing web-based, multi-tier software systems.
- Solid understanding of QA methodology. Understanding software development lifecycle and processes.
- Experience in writing test plans and test suites.
- Experience in writing automated test suites using Selenium and other similar tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience testing load, performance and scalability of a website.
- Experience testing multi-lingual websites.
- Experience with cloud services, especially Amazon's AWS.
- Mobile experience is a plus.
- Website security / PCI experience a plus.
We appreciate all of you who are interested and take the time to apply. We review all resumes/CV's and will reach out directly to you with next steps should it be a fit for a specific opportunity. If you don't hear from us now we will hang onto your profile for future opportunities.
- Seattle Office
- Performance Manager
- Digital Producer
- Digital Solutions Manager
- Senior Engineer (Full Stack)
- Lead Operations Engineer
- Sr. Web Designer
- Specialty Lodging Audience Marketing Manager
- Independent Hotel and Motel Audience Marketing Manager
- UX Designer- Marketing Innovation
- Product Owner- Marketing Innovation
- Full Stack Engineer – Marketing Innovation
- Front End Developer – Marketing Innovation