Product Owner- Marketing Innovation
Relocation Assistance Not Available
Our company, a division of Priceline Group, Inc., is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies in the world and we are focused on changing the meaning of web marketing for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based Digital Marketing System (DMS) is the first of its kind, including content management, website design, mobile/tablet and social digital marketing, online reservations and integrated business intelligence that help the hotelier increase occupancy, reduce cost and convert traffic. This kind of innovation requires special people who love fast-paced, high-growth environments, creativity, challenge, the hard work that leads to smashing success and the personal rewards of being on a winning team that also likes to have fun. Our culture is casual but we operate at a high energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world-class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel. We offer exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA and has sales, customer service, marketing and product development teams in Palo Alto CA, Santiago Chile, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are now part of The Priceline Group
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for a Technical Product Owner to take responsibility for the development and ongoing enhancement of one or more marketing initiatives. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and will communicate those requirements to the development team. You will need to prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and accept user stories throughout the Agile software development lifecycle. The Product Owner will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with a small development team to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality output.
- Maintaining constant communication with the team.
- Making rapid tactical development decisions if they impact functionality or usability.
- Participating in technical release planning.
- Writing user stories and scenarios.
- Maintaining product backlog.
- Helping the team to estimate development time for each scenario.
- Participating in Sprint review meetings and providing feedback to the team.
- Monitoring progress and making constant adjustments based on larger strategic objectives
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (ranging from management to customer support and sales) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our systems as we scale and continue to develop.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate priorities based on well-defined and measured business cases.
- Establish goals and metrics to measure effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress.
- Produce technically focused user stories, and collaborate with engineers to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
- Own and maintain documentation. Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
- Identify and manage key systems metrics used to advise technical direction.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- A strong high-level knowledge of common web platform architectures
- Demonstrated success designing or implementing SaaS products
- Experience with issues of scale and performance
- Experience in a mission-critical high-availability environment
We appreciate all of you who are interested and take the time to apply. We review all resumes/CV's and will reach out directly to you with next steps should it be a fit for a specific opportunity. If you don't hear from us now we will hang onto your profile for future opportunities.
- Seattle Office
- Performance Manager
- Digital Producer
- Digital Solutions Manager
- Senior Engineer (Full Stack)
- Senior SDET
- Lead Operations Engineer
- Sr. Web Designer
- Specialty Lodging Audience Marketing Manager
- Independent Hotel and Motel Audience Marketing Manager
- UX Designer- Marketing Innovation
- Full Stack Engineer – Marketing Innovation
- Front End Developer – Marketing Innovation