Lead Operations Engineer - Seattle
Relocation Assistance Not Available
Our company, a division of Priceline Group, Inc., is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies in the world and we are focused on changing the meaning of web marketing for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based Digital Marketing System (DMS) is the first of its kind, including content management, website design, mobile/tablet and social digital marketing, online reservations and integrated business intelligence that help the hotelier increase occupancy, reduce cost and convert traffic. This kind of innovation requires special people who love fast-paced, high-growth environments, creativity, challenge, the hard work that leads to smashing success and the personal rewards of being on a winning team that also likes to have fun. Our culture is casual but we operate at a high energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world-class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel. We offer exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA and has sales, customer service, marketing and product development teams in Palo Alto CA, Santiago Chile, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are now part of The Priceline Group.
The Lead Operations Engineer candidate is experienced, diligent, and passionate. He/She is ready to join our product team to help us run our innovative, industry-changing SaaS-based web and mobile applications at the highest level of quality, service, and availability. This individual has experience with high-scale, high availability, transactional systems, cloud hosted software operations, operations automation and monitoring.The Sr. Operations Engineer / DevOps is creative, a diplomat, and wants to be part of a team that works and plays well together.
- Design, develop, deploy and manage highly available and scalable systems.
- Automate everything from system provisioning to deployment to monitoring to management to incident response.
- Monitor system quality, stability and performance and work collaboratively with other. engineers, product managers and customer success team to isolate and resolve production issues.
- System administration of development, test and production environments running 24/7/365.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and product managers to bring new features and services into production.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Use issue tracking system to report and track operational issues status.
- 5+ years of operational experience.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure for high traffic, high availability websites.
- Strong operational knowledge of Linux, web services architecture, cloud platforms, open source web technologies.
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Nagios, NewRelic, Graphite, Log Stash, Splunk etc.).
- Production experience developing, configuring and managing configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or SaltStack.
- Strong programming experience with Python, Java and shell scripting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; excellent reliability, dependability and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Software engineering experience.
- Experience with security and compliance; working knowledge of PCI.
- Significant IP network experience, including switching, routing, security and load balancing solutions.
- In-depth operations experience with NoSQL technologies.
We appreciate all of you who are interested and take the time to apply. We review all resumes/CV's and will reach out directly to you with next steps should it be a fit for a specific opportunity. If you don't hear from us now we will hang onto your profile for future opportunities.
- Seattle Office
- Performance Manager
- Digital Producer
- Digital Solutions Manager
- Senior Engineer (Full Stack)
- Senior SDET
- Sr. Web Designer
- Specialty Lodging Audience Marketing Manager
- Independent Hotel and Motel Audience Marketing Manager
- UX Designer- Marketing Innovation
- Product Owner- Marketing Innovation
- Full Stack Engineer – Marketing Innovation
- Front End Developer – Marketing Innovation