Full Stack Engineer – Marketing Innovation
Relocation Assistance Not Available
Our company, a division of Priceline Group, Inc., is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies in the world and we are focused on changing the meaning of web marketing for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based Digital Marketing System (DMS) is the first of its kind, including content management, website design, mobile/tablet and social digital marketing, online reservations and integrated business intelligence that help the hotelier increase occupancy, reduce cost and convert traffic. This kind of innovation requires special people who love fast-paced, high-growth environments, creativity, challenge, the hard work that leads to smashing success and the personal rewards of being on a winning team that also likes to have fun. Our culture is casual but we operate at a high energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world-class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel. We offer exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA and has sales, customer service, marketing and product development teams in Palo Alto CA, Santiago Chile, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are now part of The Priceline Group.
We are seeking a whip-smart engineer to join our four-year-old company and work on-site in our Seattle headquarters. Candidates must embody both strong communication skills as well as solid, hands-on experience with the required technologies. This position requires regular programming, technical design and development of new features, enhancements, maintenance, and bug fixes for our new marketing innovations team.
- Develop and integrate various back-end systems in support of marketing innovation programs that seamlessly connect customer data with breakthrough user interaction to create the most personalized, cutting edge experiences available on the Web today.
- Technical planning with regard to business goals, project requirements and resource availability
- Advise marketing team on technical trends, best practices, and viability of approaches
- Develop and recommend alternative technical courses-of-action when necessary to meet tight deadlines
Required Technical Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing Web-based/user interface applications with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Development experience using object oriented techniques
- Understanding of multi-tier architectures including client-side vs. server-side
- Experience interfacing with Web Services, specifically REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Aptitude to write clean, commented,optimized and tested code
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment is a plus
- MySQL and relational databases knowledge
Personal Attributes required:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- Fast-paced environment with short delivery times
- Thrives in a start-up environment with a passion for the company goals and achievements
- Self-starter — ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate/communicate across teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
We appreciate all of you who are interested and take the time to apply. We review all resumes/CV's and will reach out directly to you with next steps should it be a fit for a specific opportunity. If you don't hear from us now we will hang onto your profile for future opportunities.
- Seattle Office
- Performance Manager
- Digital Producer
- Digital Solutions Manager
- Senior Engineer (Full Stack)
- Senior SDET
- Lead Operations Engineer
- Sr. Web Designer
- Specialty Lodging Audience Marketing Manager
- Independent Hotel and Motel Audience Marketing Manager
- UX Designer- Marketing Innovation
- Product Owner- Marketing Innovation
- Front End Developer – Marketing Innovation