Senior Engineer (Full Stack) - Palo Alto
Relocation Assistance Not Available
Our company, a division of The Priceline Group, Inc., is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies in the world and we are focused on changing the meaning of web marketing for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based Digital Marketing System (DMS) is the first of its kind, including content management, website design, mobile/tablet and social digital marketing, online reservations and integrated business intelligence that help the hotelier increase occupancy, reduce cost and convert traffic. This kind of innovation requires special people who love fast-paced, high-growth environments, creativity, challenge, the hard work that leads to smashing success and the personal rewards of being on a winning team that also likes to have fun. Our culture is casual but we operate at a high energy level, and we value work/life balance, delivering fantastic products, world class customer service, and making a difference in the world of travel. We offer exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA and has sales, customer service, marketing and product development teams in Palo Alto CA, Santiago, Chile, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are now part of The Priceline Group.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer (Full Stack) to be located in Palo Alto. The Senior Engineer is an award winning engineer looking for a SaaS-based web and mobile app company that is as adept as they are. This individual is a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. Within our technology platform, the Senior Engineer will revolutionize the way small-to-medium hotels engage with their guests in today's global and digitally connected world.
- Build and maintain SaaS application platform. Architect, design and implement new functionality and platform or product enhancements as needed.
- Play a leading role in all phases of software development from planning, designing, implementation, testing, deployment, and day-today operation of our products.
- Work closely with product managers to contribute to the analysis of functional requirements and overall system architecture.
- Document and communicate designs and interfaces for use by other engineers.
- 8+ years experience in designing and developing large scale web applications or enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated ability to master object oriented development in C#, Java or Python.
- Strong knowledge in full stack Web 2.0 technologies, open source software and Internet protocols.
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- 5+ years of experience in relational database and SQL e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in clouding computing technologies such as Amazon AWS, Heroku and Google AppEngine.
- Experience in building high performance, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Computer Science a related technical field.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Hbase etc).
- Experience in developing iOS-based or Android based mobile applications.
- Experience in building applications related to ad network or digital marketing services.
We appreciate all of you who are interested and take the time to apply. We review all resumes/CV's and will reach out directly to you with next steps should it be a fit for a specific opportunity. If you don't hear from us now we will hang onto your profile for future opportunities.